Thursday, July 5, 2007

We made it to Reno

We left Eagle Lake around 11:00 and took it really slow. We only had one adventure along the way. We were cruising down the road and a truck met us with his flag out the window. All of a sudden a log cabin on wheels turned the corner and we just missed it. It took up most of the road and I had time to move to the side of the road. We stopped at Bordertown to have lunch. We made some turkey sandwiches, had some chips and drank some water before we pushed forward into Reno. The RV park was real easy to get to and our space is right next to the pool. The pool will be a popular hangout as it was 109 degrees today. OMG I cannot imagine what it must have been like in Vegas where it was 121. I remember my first Mini-Eliminator that I bowled in Vegas and it was only 110. LOL

We are just kicking back now after a swim and a cold shower.
Here are some pics of us at Shamrock RV. We will be here for 10 days. Now the bowling begins.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bro!(the oldest of three) Just wanted to say happy birthday and good luck in the tournament.I've been reading and enjoying your funny trip report......good stuff.Is any of this tournament going to be telivised? I hope so.I will leave you with this inspirational quote,"A shot-glass of desire is greater than a pitcher of talent".....Best of luck Dennis. RP...out P.S. I hope you got Kristi to a lower elevation so she does'nt get too loopy and wander away from camp..lol Hi Kristi :)

powell300 said...

Rick;
It is good to hear from you. Happy Birthday to you as well. In a couple of years you will be the big 5 zero also. Not bad so far. Just can't remember as much. LOL The bowling tournament will not be televised. I love the quote. I may have to post that on my quote of the day. Kristi is doing fine, and I was able to keep her close to the trailer even though she had a couple of glasses of wine.

PS> What do you mean - Funny trip report? This is serious stuff you know. LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dennis-Didn't remember it was your birthday today....so "Happy Birthday" a little late (it's 12:04am on Friday the 6th) That heat is serious stuff!!
Randy, Sherry Josh & Jo

powell300 said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. What are doing up so late? Don't you have to work tomorrow? LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes I do have to work today...I'm there now. "Late" is my time to unwind, I'm a night person- and yes I was tired this morning. But it's finally Friday~Yea!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, I do have one question, is Kristi really with you? We have not seen a picture of her, maybe one at the pool would be good!! You keep talking about her but we need proof that she is there. We will see you on Mon. when we get in town.
Mom