Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Trek to Susanville

Today we left around 11:30 to head to Susanville. It is 31 miles from Eagle Lake. It was good to travel the winding, downhill road so I could get a sense of what it was going to be like pulling the trailer to Reno on Thursday. After we got to Susanville we went to Wally World and picked up a few items that we needed. The store was packed and the aisles were really narrow. I thought I would never see a town that moved as slow as Roseburg does but I have now. Filled up with gas ($3.31 per gallon) so we could head straight to Reno with no stops. By the time we headed home it had warmed up to 94 degrees. So, we stopped at TCBY and picked up a couple of smoothies. Kristi got the multiberry and it was full of seeds. I am still picking them out of my teeth after she couldn't drink anymore.

Today's pictures are a little boring, but these are the only ones that I could find of interest. Since I work at a credit union and we are doing more and more express branches, I found a credit union branch at a strip mall. I stopped in and said hello and noticed that they were running digital signage technology at their teller counter. Our CUSO will be selling a similar product called "Flashcaster" very soon. I inquired as to the name of their product, but the tellers did not know. I wonder if Helen will let me write the trip off now as a business expense? Golden One Credit Union is based out of Sacramento and is the largest credit union in California. They have 74 branches, 679,000 members and have $6.3 billion dollars in assets. I wonder if they have an annual meeting?

For all of the "old farts" running around town, here is their McDonalds. Would you like to SUPERSIZE that order Ma'am? LOL

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this blog idea, so much fun to follow you guys around! Don't let Kristi get sunburned.
Sherry

powell300 said...

Sherry;
Glad you like the blog. You will have to do this when you guys go to yellowstone. It is a lot of fun to do.

Also, I am keeping Kristi out of the sun, it is the wine I am having trouble keeping her out of.

Unknown said...

Dennis,

Did you have them SUPERSIZE your order of those little blue pills... remember you are turning 50 soon. lol

Anonymous said...

Mike, he takes after his Dad, he does not need those blue things!!!
Have a good day tomorrow Dennis and Kristi and will be looking forward to some Reno pictures.

powell300 said...

BLUSHING!!

Anonymous said...

My husband, Lee, used to be quite a bowler. We want to see you in the finals in Vegas!!

Your Mom Phyllis' cousin in Adel, IA...your 2nd cousin!

Good Luck!

Kay