Monday, July 2, 2007

Walk to the lake


Just finished a two mile walk. Kristi has been walking everyday after work so she thought we should get a walk in. People must have thought we were crazy as it was very warm out and not as much breeze as there is at the campsite. Oh well, felt good to get the heart pumping and smell the frest mountain air. There were some awesome looking homes on the lake. Here is a picture of the lake. The color of the lake is really green and I have heard that the swells can get 3 to 5 feet in the evenings. Glad I didn't bring the inflatable boat to go out in. I was going to try and get some fishing in but decided against it. I didn't feel like getting up at the crack of dawn. Sleeping in feels really good. The lodge attendant said they are catching some fish, but at about 50 ft. in depth. The fishing really picks up in October when the water is a little cooler. The average size of the fish are between 3 and 5 pounds with some around 15 pounds. The trout are native to this lake only. Here is what I am talking about.


Here is a picture of some rentals that are on the lake. They are only about 550 sq. ft. and I think they run for about $100 per night. Most have hot tubs and satellite TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Kristi are taking a nap after that walk!!!
Mom

powell300 said...

Nope - just Kristi. I was playing Mr. Fixit this afternoon. I had about three repair jobs that I worked on now it is time for tequila. haha