Monday, July 2, 2007

Drive around the lake

We just got back from a drive around the lake. There are some beautiful homes on the water on the south side. We are camped on the north side. Here are some pictures we took along the way. I still have a quarter of a tank of gas and hopefully that should get us to Susanville. Mostly downhill. It is a good thing because gas at the lodge is $3.89 per gallon. OUCH!!


These RV'ers are dry camping on the lake front. Not sure how they got them down in there, but they have great access to the water.


I had to slow way down as the "Beer" were busy crossing the road. Almost hit a heineken but slammed on the brakes to avoid the head of it.


I found my vacation home and it only needs a little paint. The property on the lake runs about $200,000.


This house was made out of rocks that I am sure they found on their property. With the price of real estate, who can afford lumber.


This is a wood carving of some fish that a property owner has at the base of the driveway as you enter their house. Very cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun! Hope you guys are having a great time!
<3melissa

powell300 said...

Thanks Melissa. We are having fun. Just been doing a lot of nothing. I think we are driving into Susanville in the morning. Heard they have a killer Wal-Mart. LOL

Anonymous said...

This is so much better then Post Card, I love it!!!! Mom

Expect to see a picture of Wal-Mart tomorrow...
Mom

Anonymous said...

I meant to say better then a Post Card, I will learn to preview before I post from now on....
Mom