Thursday, June 28, 2007

Surprise, Surprise, Surprise

What can I say. I was totally surprised when I came into work Wednesday morning. I thought I was going to make it through the week without having to endure the punishment of a 50th Birthday Bashing. But, to my amazement, my office had been totally remodeled. For starters, when I opened my door a cup full of confetti came crashing down on me. When I turned on the lights - you can see exactly what had been done. Black and green streamers as well as black and green balloons had taken over.

I had to low crawl to get to my desk. When I arrived at my desk I found that my chair had been removed and replaced with a wheelchair. I probably shouldn't say this, but it really was quite comfortable.
As I looked around the room I notice a BUNCH of sticky notes all over the place. My entire office decor had been labeled, as if I couldn't remember what the items were. As an example, you can see what the saying on my globe said. Some of the other items that had sticky notes on them were all of my pictures, books, stapler, phone, tape dispenser, chair, mouse, keyboard (you get the drift). It was totally hilarious.
All of this before I had my first cup of coffee. How was I going to make it through the day, let alone the next hour or so. Throughout the day, I would get lots of visitors looking at my office and laughing with astonishment. I felt really bad for the new cleaning service for our building. Confetti had made it down both hallways by the end of the day. As I was leaving my office for the night, I met the cleaning service supervisor and told her that I was sorry for making such a mess. She was very understanding and wished me a happy birthday.

No comments: