Thursday, June 28, 2007

More surprises


Just when I thought it was safe to go to lunch I get another surprise. Helen and Pat had mentioned that they wanted to meet with me at noon to go over some items that was discussed at last weeks Board Meeting. When it came time to meet with them, I found out that there was more fun and excitement to be had. As I went out in the hallway I was greeted my none other than the OREGON DUCK. As you can see by the expression on my face, I was totally in shock. How cool was it to get the DUCK to visit you on your birthday. I got to hang out with the DUCK and high five each other and just goof around for a couple of minutes.
He then led me to the lunch room where there was still more to come. The lounge was full of employees, friends and family. They had gotten me a cake decorated like a membership card to AARP. That was way cool. It was such a nice surprise I really didn't know what to say. I just want to thank everyone involved who made my 50th birthday a very special day that I won't soon forget.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!

Who would do a thing like that to you? Must have been Guined...hrmmm Dennis I will help you get him back if needed. :)

powell300 said...

Mike;
Can't imagine who would have been involved in this. Appreciate the offer though, but we all KNOW who is in big TROUBLE when the AARP membership applications start hitting the mail box. Bowl good Monday night and make us some money for a change. LOL

Unknown said...

Bowl good buddy and HAVE FUN, remember to hook up with Kevin croucher and he will show you around. Also, STAY RELAXED! Kristi get to work. hehe

Anonymous said...

What a hoot and happy birthday your old fart!

That has got to be the coolest decorating job I have ever seen! Wish I could have been there but I am in the middle of new instrumentation and people here at the lab. I am also trying to get all my paper work cought up before out big audit next week. I don't think I would have fit in with all my black and orange anyhoos. :)

You blog is great and I will be looking forward to following you throughout your quest. Good luck to you "pard" and soak up every minute of it!

24GarretGold

powell300 said...

Garret;
Good to hear from you. Your work schedule sounds like mine. I just went through our CPA audit and our State examination. I need this vacation bad. Going to school at the same time has been very hectic. Thanks for checking out the blog.

Oh, by the way - Congrats MR. Oregon State Team Champion. Can't wait to defend our title next year.